MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
June 5, 2012
ATTENDANCE: Sherri McCleery - Leader - 734-789-1563 firstname.lastname@example.org
Andi Pigott - Treasurer - 734-676-7859 - email@example.com
Sonya Mitkowski - Secretary & Connections - 832-567-0048 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Goike-McCain - Fundraising Chair - 734-754-3152 - email@example.com
Shari Moldovan - Rewards Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to all of our parents/students that attended -
Angela Cobb, Shari Moldovan, Andi Pigott, and Sherri McCleery
And of course a huge thank you to all of the staff members and teachers who also attended. Thank you so much Middle School for showing your appreciation with such a large turnout this afternoon!! - Alicia Jenkins, MS Admin.; Samantha Hornyak, MS Teacher; Amy Hodges, MS Teacher; Lisa Schoen, MS Art; Dan Walton, MS Teacher; Josh Bahny, MS Teacher; Rachel Delekta, MS Teacher;
Robin Berger, MS Teacher; Belinda Cleary, MS Teacher; Claire Rukowksi, MS Teacher;
Jennifer Dawson, MS Teacher; and Jessica Brancheau, MS Teacher.
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 3:15pm in the HIGH SCHOOL.
New Business: Meeting started at 3:17 PM.
- Storage Space for FACT: Space will be made available for FACT to store supplies and records at the school. The space is located in the gym between the Middle School and High School and will be cleaned out during the week of June 18, 2012. Sherri McCleery will follow up with Ms. Jenkins on when FACT can begin moving in.
- New Incentive Program for Teachers/Staff: Beginning fall 2012 school year we will begin a program that will offer money from the FACT account for teachers to use to purchase supplies for their classroom. So far we have come up with:
- - Assisting in cafeteria on half-day field trips $10
- - Assisting in cafeteria and attending half-day field trips $20
- - Organizing delivery of catalog sales $10
- - Teacher attends FACT meeting $10
- - Student attends FACT meeting with parent $1
- - Contributions for Events $10
- Financial Report: 15,247.01. Will be working on updating family account report over the summer so we'll know what is actually in the general fund at the beginning of the 2012 school year.
- - Middle School Graduation (Ms. Schoen) $500 approved
- - MS End of the Year Party (Ms. Davis) $200 approved
- - Project Term (Ms. Brancheau) $250 approved
- - Food for Summit families during summer (Ms. Krukowski) $1000 approved
Connections: None at this time.
- 1/2 Day Fun Field Trips: Our half-days for next school year are September 28, October 12, November 2, 2012; March 8, March 28 and May 3, 2013. Ms. Jenkins will let us know if all or which of the dates will work for us to schedule our trips.
- Class T-Shirts & Hoodies, and Yoga Pants and Basketball Shorts: Middle School has promised to have more designated days to wear Summit wear to school to encourage sales. We will follow up with the High School to see if they are willing to offer the same.
We will have shirts and tanks made up for end of school year parties to be
given away and to put in Middle School store for purchasing with Dragon
- Fall Fundraiser Innisbrook Wraps: We will coordinate the kick-off of this fundraiser again with the Homecoming Spirit assemblies, Ms. Jenkins has approved for Middle School, and we will follow up with Ms. Avery for High School approval. Ms. Schoen suggested we make this a class competition (between grades) and that we celebrate the top sellers with the money booth at the Halloween Dance. She also suggested we could do this at the Spring Dance if we decide to have a spring fundraiser.
We will also offer parents the opportunity to purchase their students school supplies through Innisbrook Wraps. We will put information in the newsletter to be mailed home with students report cards at the end of school year.
- Winter Fundraiser: There is interest in trying the Citrus fundraiser again, Sherri McCleery will follow up with Florida Citrus and have details at next meeting.
- Year-Round Fundraiser: Market Day was suggested, we have done this in the past and Market Day dropped us because of low participation. However, it was brought to our attention by Mrs. Cleary that Market Day now accepts the Bridge card and maybe we would get more participation with this being available. We will look into this and have details at next meeting.
Rewards Programs: Everything is at zero right now, please continue to collect your Campbell's labels, BoxTops, and Coke product caps over the summer to turn in for next school year! And continue to use your Kroger's and Meijer's rewards cards over the summer to be applied to Summit Academy HS/MS FACT. We will be sending information home on how to sign up or switch your card if you already have one.
- NJHS Gift to Middle School: Mr. Bahny's NJHS group would like FACT to help purchase a television for the front lobby in the Middle School as an end-of-the-year gift. Pros and cons were discussed and the conversation ended with a recommendation from FACT that NJHS requisition for the money they need to help make this purchase.
- Newsletter: Put together a newsletter to be sent home with report cards including how to order school supplies through Innisbrook Wraps, and how to sign up for Rewards Programs with a reminder to continue to save Labels, Boxtops, and Coke caps throughout the summer. Include a survey to get parents feedback on fundraisers and involvement at the student's school.
Meeting adjourned at 4:30 PM.
Next meeting is June 19, at 6 PM at the Ale House.