HS/MS FACT MEETING MINUTES
May 1, 2012
President - Sherri McCleery: 734-789-1563 / email@example.com
Treasurer - Andrea: 734-676-7859 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary - Sonya Mitkowski : 832-567-0048 /email@example.com
Fundraising - Carol Goike-McCain: 734-754-3152 /firstname.lastname@example.org - Not Present
Rewards Program: Shari Moldovan: email@example.com
A HUGE thank you to all of our parents/students/staff members that attended -
Toby Montry, Angela Cobb, T.J Murphy, Tiffany Shumard, John Munro, Kim White, Jessica Brancheau, and Alicia Jenkins -MS Principal
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 3:15pm in the High School. Please check the website for announcement.
- Meeting called at 3:18
- Teacher / Staff Appreciation Week - May 7-11th / Co-ordinate with HS/MS Principals
- District wide FACT meeting (Flat Rock, North Elementary, MS, HS) - June 19th; meeting to be held in evening. Requesting Board/Administration to attend.
- June meeting will discuss ideas for fundraisers for 2012-2013 year
- Financial Report: Account stands at $16,952.51 including Family Accounts which are now up-to-date. Requesting a 2010 student list to find siblings to transfer accounts.
- Requisitions: Teacher Requisition - Ms. Gunter ($500)
Family Requisition - Cassandra Maxwell -$30 (refund for unattended
field trip) & Pamela Leigh - $6 (field trip to Trenton
- Parent survey to be composed regarding email contact from FACT-PTO and then survey emailed to the Principal's.
- Multicultural event update & cost
- Finalize details for Teacher Appreciation week: Staff Head count needed - Teachers, Para's, Custodial, Bus Drivers
- T-Shirts/Yoga Pants/ Basketball Shorts - Order forms are available in school offices and FACT website. Advertise! Yoga Pants/Basketball Shorts available with academic logo for $20 each.
- 1/2 Day Fun Field Trips - Next trip will be May 4th for Midway Sports & Entertainment. All call for volunteers. Permission slips are available in Middle School and High School offices and on the FACT website. Will be checking to see if second form from Midway is needed. Field trips running into some problems with not enough volunteers; students being disrespectful; will stick to deadline for returning forms and observe next outing to see where changes need to be made. Para professionals to help with concession stand after school.
Flyers will be distributed in 6th hour.
- Success of ½ day field trips:
- § Corn Maze - 81 students / $266
- § Pump It Up - 55 students / $147
- § Bowling - 29 students / $165
- § Zap Zone - 102 students / $166
- § Mid way sports - tbd
- Fundraisers 2012-2013 school year
Suggested fundraisers for 2012-13 school years:
- § Innisbrook, Florida Citrus, Fundraising Company of America, Great American Opportunities, Otis Spunk Meyer cookies, Popcorn; Movie package; Bowling; Wii competition; class t-shirts & hoodies, yoga pants & basketball shorts, calendars.
Signed up for Innisbrook for fall.
- Displaying product: feedback is parents/students want & need to see product in order to buy; we need a Summit store!
Principal's Report: Erin Avery / Alicia Jenkins
- Quality review - Rated above average
- Change in district calendar - May 25th: No school / Cedar Point trip to be changed. New date will be announced.
Teacher's / Student's Report:
- Ms. Gunter is requesting FACT's assistance for the upcoming graduation ceremony which is being held in the PEAK this year. Seeking volunteers to assist with many areas of the graduation ceremony. FACT team will assist with one of these areas.
- 2- 50" Flat screen TV's for MS & HS for updates and information. Board will not choose TV's; will allow schools to choose. Ms. Cleary will look into prices at ABC warehouse and inform the FACT board.
FACT Representatives: Teachers are just spreading the word on finding student and parent representatives to be at FACT meetings and represent each grade.
- Box Tops for Education and Campbell's Labels: Boxes are in the Middle School and High School lobbies for collecting these.
Labels for Education - 16,610 pts.
Box Tops - $281.00
Kroger's / Meijer's Rewards
Gordon Food Services
MyCoke Rewards - MS: 27 pts.
HS: 15 pts.
We have now signed up for MyCoke rewards; will be working on collection boxes for the teacher's lounges/ concession stands. Contact Coke representative to work on banners to advertise program.
*Collections for these programs will be year round*
Open Discussion/ Questions & Answers:
Suggestions for different fundraisers including a Wii competition between the teachers & students; a sock-hop.
Meeting adjourned at 4:15PM.
Next meeting is June 5th at 3:15 PM.