Summit Academy High School
March 2012 Minutes
MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES March 6, 2012
Sherri McCleery – Leader – 734-789-1563 email@example.com
Andrea Pigott – Treasurer – 734-676-7859 – firstname.lastname@example.org -Not Present
Sonya Mitkowski – Secretary/Connections Chairperson – 832-567-0048 – email@example.com
Carol Goike-McCain – Fundraising – 734-754-3152 – firstname.lastname@example.org – Not Present
Shari Moldovan – Rewards Program – email@example.com
A HUGE thank you to all of our parents/students/staff members that attended –
Erin Reynolds, Nicole Sherman, Audrey Myler, Tami Campbell, Holly Shaffran, Yvette Bryant, Elizabeth Paffhausen, John Sullivan, Jessica Brancheau, Jason Helop
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
FACT Meetings:Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 3:15pm in the High School. Please check the website for announcement.
· Open Board positions will be posted in April for May Elections. If you are interested in any of the open positions, please submit your name and a brief history; you will be given the opportunity to speak at the April meeting.
· A nomination flyer will be put together to announce board positions; post on website
· May meeting will discuss ideas for fundraisers for 2012-2013 year
· PTO Expo – 3 tickets have been purchased for the April 20th event. Attending: Sherri McCleery, Carol McCain, & Sonya Mitkowski
· Organize FACT-PTO groups to decide what should be on table at Parent Expo
· Still need volunteers for upcoming events at the PEAK to host FACT table
Financial Report: None submitted
Requisitions: None submitted.
· Agenda items for upcoming meetings will need to be submitted to FACT-PTO secretary the Monday prior to meeting; Completed agenda will be emailed out next day so everyone has agenda 1 week prior to meeting. Minutes will be emailed to Board members and administration 1 week after meeting.
· FACT website updated / requesting bulletin board for FACT –PTO in the Peak; Holly Schafran to work on it.
· Multi-Cultural night to be held on WOW night; April 26th in the MS gym/ Compose a flyer & committee sheet for parents & staff/ propose a budget
· Updating By-laws for PTO as a single unit & combined with other groups in the school.
· Teacher appreciation ideas: Letters from students; coffee/doughnuts; coffee supplies ( stirrers, cups, coffee, etc.); lunches
· Parent survey to be emailed regarding email contact from FACT-PTO
· T-Shirts/Yoga Pants/ Basketball Shorts – Order forms are available in school offices and FACT website. Advertise! Yoga Pants/Basketball Shorts available with academic logo for $20 each.
· 1/2 Day Fun Field Trips – Next trip will be March 9th for Zap Zone. All call for volunteers. Permission slips are available in Middle School and High School offices and on the FACT website.Possibility of no field trip on March 30th
Principal’s Report: Erin Avery / Alicia Jenkins
· March 24th is the Parent Expo. As mentioned at the last meeting, this is a free community event. In addition to listening to different “break out” sessions, the keynote speaker this year will be BETSY GEDDES!! She is a humorous and outstanding speaker and really helps us to focus on the art of using Love and Logic as a means to teach behavior when it comes to our own children and our students. It may also be nice to have FACT represented with a table.
· Excellent progress is being made at the HS and MS with the construction. We will be moving in March!
· Future meeting times: It has been decided that in an effort to better the needs of our stakeholders that we would try meeting @ 3:15 for the remainder of the year.
STUDENT’S REPORT: None submitted
FACT Representatives: Teachers are just spreading the word on finding student and parent representatives to be at FACT meetings and represent each grade.
· Box Tops for Education and Campbell’s Labels: Boxes are in the Middle School and High School lobbies for collecting these.
Labels for Education points: 13,568
Box Tops: $281.00 - Will provide a purchase list for Principals to choose from.
Kroger’s Rewards: Will get Summit Academy MS/HS set up to begin receiving Kroger’s
rewards through purchases made their stores.
Open Discussion/ Questions & Answers:
· Table @ sporting events at the PEAK to sell Shirts/ Bears / Calendars and promote upcoming events/field trips. Need volunteers to sign up to help.
· Next Thurs – Winter Sports Banquet
· March 31st – Boosters Luau; Get your tickets and encourage friends to join!
Miscellaneous: Meeting adjourned at 3:55 PM. / Next meeting is April 3rd at 3:15 PM.
Copyright © 2007 NexusBuilder