MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
February 7, 2012
Sherri McCleery - Leader - 734-789-1563 email@example.com
Andrea Pigott - Treasurer - 734-676-7859 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonya Mitkowski - Secretary/Connections Chairperson - 832-567-0048 - email@example.com
Carol Goike-McCain - Fundraising - 734-754-3152 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Shari Moldovan - Rewards Program - email@example.com
A HUGE thank you to all of our parents/students/staff members that attended -
Erin Avery; HS, Alicia Jenkins; MS, Erin Reynolds
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 3:15pm in the High School. Please check the website for announcement.
- Open Board positions will be posted in April for May Elections. If you are interested in any of the open positions, please submit your name and a brief history; you will be given the opportunity to speak at the April meeting
- Name change : FACT - PTO approved & accepted; Has been changed on the website and on the HS link; working on MS
- Meeting times: No more alternating; meeting times stand at 3:15pm
- PTO Expo - 3 tickets have been purchased for the April 20th event. Attending: Sherri McCleery, Carol McCain, & Sonya Mitkowski
Treasurers Report: Andrea Pigott
- Financial Report: Was able to access Quickbooks; needs a roster report to determine & update Family accounts. Budget as of Dec 2011: 17,586.52. Tax ID still needs to be verified.
- Requisitions: None submitted.
Secretary/Connections Report: Sonya Mitkowski
- Agenda items for upcoming meetings will need to be submitted to FACT-PTO secretary the Monday prior to meeting; Completed agenda will be emailed out next day so everyone has agenda 1 week prior to meeting. Minutes will be emailed to Board members and administration 1 week after meeting.
- FACT website updated / Requesting bulletin board for FACT -PTO in the Peak. MS: Ms. Jenkins/Ms. Avery checking on a spot for us.
- Decide on a date for Multi Cultural night - April on WOW night
- Updating By-laws for PTO as a single unit & combined with other groups in the school.
- Promoting Parents at Expo; will form flyer
Fundraiser Report: Carol McCain, Sherri McCleery
- T-Shirts - Order forms are available in school offices and FACT website. Try to get a digital picture of shirt online. Email HS/MS to make announcement that we are still accepting orders on the signature t-shirts for 6th- 11th graders.
- 1/2 Day Fun Field Trips - Next trip will be March 9th for Zap Zone. All call for volunteers. Permission slips are available in Middle School and High School offices and on the FACT website.
- Will be deciding on a Spring Fundraiser thru Frankenmuth; will be discussed at next Fact meeting. Looking for more suggestions.
- Summit Wear yoga pants and basketball shorts available for purchase ($20 each), order forms are available in the High School or Middle School office and are due March 16th.
Principal's Report: Erin Avery / Alicia Jenkins
- We are pleased to announce that Officer Tyitye will be starting back as our School Officer once again. While our school remains very safe, we feel his presence will continue to ensure that.
- March 24th is the Parent Expo. As mentioned at the last meeting, this is a free community event. In addition to listening to different "break out" sessions, the keynote speaker this year will be BETSY GEDDES!! She is a humorous and outstanding speaker and really helps us to focus on the art of using Love and Logic as a means to teach behavior when it comes to our own children and our students. It may also be nice to have FACT represented with a table.
- Excellent progress is being made at the HS and MS with the construction. We will be moving in March!
- Speech Tournament information will be going home end of February for all students.
- Future meeting times: It has been decided that in an effort to better the needs of our stakeholders that we would try meeting @ 3:15 for the remainder of the year.
- STUDENT'S REPORT:
- FACT Representatives: Teachers are just spreading the word on finding student and parent representatives to be at FACT meetings and represent each grade.
Rewards Programs: Shari Moldovan
- Box Tops for Education and Campbell's Labels: Boxes are in the Middle School and High School lobbies to start collecting these. Shari Moldovan will be chairing the committee for Box Tops, Campbell's Labels and Kroger's Rewards. Have received 521 points for Labels for Education & $116.40 for Box Tops. Will be providing a purchase list for Principals to choose from.
- Kroger's Rewards: Will get Summit Academy MS/HS set up to begin receiving Kroger's rewards through purchases made their stores.
Open Discussion/ Questions & Anwsers:
- Table @ sporting events at the PEAK to sell Shirts/ Bears / Calendars and promote upcoming events/field trips. Need volunteers to sign up to help.
Meeting adjourned at 6:25 PM.
Next meeting is March 6th at 3:15 PM.