Summit Academy High School
January 2012 Minutes
MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
January 10, 2012
Sherri McCleery – Leader – 734-789-1563 email@example.com
Andrea Pigott – Treasurer – 734-676-7859 – firstname.lastname@example.org - unable to attend
Sonya Mitkowski – Secretary/Connections Chair – 832-567-0048 – email@example.com
Carol Goike-McCain – Fundraising – 734-754-3152 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Shari Moldovan – Rewards Program – email@example.com -unable to attend
A HUGE thank you to all of our parents/students/staff members that attended – All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30pm in the MIDDLE SCHOOL. Please check the website for announcement.
· Elections will be held in April for anyone interested in running for any of the Board positions
· Name change : FACT – PTO approved & accepted; Will need to update tab on main school page & on website
· Meeting times: No more alternating; meeting times stand at 5:30pm
· FACT needs to file for tax exempt number
·Agenda items for upcoming meetings will need to be submitted to FACT-PTO secretary the Monday prior to meeting; Completed agenda will be emailed out next day so everyone has agenda 1 week prior to meeting. Minutes will be emailed to Board members and administration 1 week after meeting.
Treasurers Report: Andrea Pigott
·Financial Report: No report, still in transition.
Requisitions: None submitted.
Secretary/Connections Report: Sonya Mitkowski
Principal’s Report: Erin Avery / Alicia Jenkins
· The Teacher Giving Tree was lovely. Many of our staff members enjoyed receiving gifts. They appreciated FACT organizing something like this.
· We are pleased to announce that Officer Tyitye will be starting back as our School Officer once again. While our school remains very safe, we feel his presence will continue to ensure that.
· Mrs. Avery has some box tops in her office. I will bring them to the next meeting. I have several teachers collecting.
· March 24th is the Parent Expo. As mentioned at the last meeting, this is a free community event. In addition to listening to different “break out” sessions, the keynote speaker this year will be BETSY GEDDES!! She is a humorous and outstanding speaker and really helps us to focus on the art of using Love and Logic as a means to teach behavior when it comes to our own children and our students. It may also be nice to have FACT represented with a table.
· Excellent progress is being made at the HS and MS with the construction. We hope to have a completion date to announce at the next meeting.
· On January 16th, the students do not have school in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. birthday.
· On January 27th the students will not have school due to the end of the semester (records day)
· Exams will be taking place for students on January 24th, 25th, and 26th.
·The High School is hosting a blood drive on January 31st. Anyone over the age of 16 is able to donate. There are other stipulations as well. If you are interested, Tami Campbell at the high school is the contact person.
Meeting adjourned at 6:40 PM. Next meeting is February 7th at 5:30 PM.
Copyright © 2007 NexusBuilder