MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
December 6, 2011
Sherri McCleery – Leader – 734-789-1563 firstname.lastname@example.org – unable to attend
Andrea Pigott – Treasurer – 734-676-7859 – email@example.com
Sonya Mitkowski – Secretary/Connections – 832-567-0048 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Goike-McCain – Fundraising – 734-754-3152 – email@example.com –unable to attend
Shari Moldovan – Rewards Program – firstname.lastname@example.org
A HUGE thank you to all of our parents/students/staff members that attended –
Tiffany Shumard, LaToya Coats, Sandy Standafer, Andrea Pigott, Kelly Bellomy, Gabrielle Mitkowski, Sonya Mitkowski, Amy Hodges, Lori Yanick, Dave Vandevusse, Jessica Gunter, Shari Moldovan, Erin Avery, HS Admin & Alicia Jenkins, MS Admin.
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
FACT Meetings: Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at alternating times 3:30 / 5:30pm in the MIDDLE SCHOOL. Please check the website for announcement.
· Elections will be held in April for anyone interested in running for any of the Board positions
· FACT @ Parent conferences
· FACT needs to file for tax exempt number
Treasurers Report: Andrea Pigott
Secretary/Connections Report: Sonya Mitkowski
- Financial Report: No report, still in transition. Will be filing for tax exempt number; looking to have a report for January’s meeting
- Requisitions: None submitted.
Fundraiser Report: Carol McCain, Sherri McCleery
- Fun Fundraising Ideas: Movie Marathon – in talks with 2 theaters to see if we can do this in Feb/Mar
- Carnation sales – Valentine’s Day (?) will need to speak with the Band director
- FACT website updated / Requesting bulletin board for FACT – MS: Ms. Jenkins checking on a spot for us; HS: Mrs. Avery suggested running announcements on News screen.
- Teacher appreciation week ideas: May 7-12 ; appreciation dinner, daily ways of saying thank you
- Summit Cares Day (elementary) – Mrs. Maci would like us to announce their care day & looking for adult volunteers.
- Teacher giving tree – HS/MS Art teachers & students will make a tree with ornaments that teachers will put their wishes on for students or parents to purchase. Trees will be placed across from offices. Alert now announcements to be made.
Principal’s Report: Erin Avery / Alicia Jenkins
- T-Shirts –Unfortunately the written signatures cannot be used so a roster listing of student’s names will be used. Order forms are available in school offices and FACT website. Try to get a digital picture of shirt online.
- Pajama Bottoms – These would cost $17.50 p/pair if we purchase 250 pairs. For black/gray flannel with one color logo printed on front.
- 1/2 Day Fun Field Trips – Next trip will be February 17th for Cosmic Bowling. All call for volunteers. Permission slips are available in Middle School and High School offices and on the FACT website. Students will need a new permission slip.
- Florida Citrus Fundraiser – Fundraiser canceled due to small volume of sales. Monies to be returned.
- Students not permitted off campus: Students should not be leaving the school property; please remind your student to remain on school grounds; we are always working on ways to improve safety at the school.
- Construction: The Peak is complete!! Will be holding 3 events in first night. Construction is going well; New building to be complete in Jan/Feb
- Transfer: Mr. Alex Chapman will be transferring to SA Elementary North. Thank you for all your hard work, Mr Chapman!; Holly Shaffran will be stepping into the role.
- Welcome: Mr. William McCoy as the new HS coach. Also we will be welcoming in the near future, Officer Tittie & will be sharing him with Elementary North.
- Upcoming: Spread the word now about the Parent Expo on March 24th
Rewards Programs: Shari Moldovan
- FACT Representatives: Teachers are spreading the word on finding student and parent representatives to be at FACT meetings and represent each grade.
Open Discussion/ Questions & Anwsers:
- Box Tops for Education and Campbell’s Labels: Boxes are in the Middle School and High School lobbies to start collecting these. Shari Moldovan will be chairing the committee for Box Tops, Campbell’s Labels and Kroger’s Rewards.
- Kroger’s Rewards: Will get Summit Academy MS/HS set up to begin receiving Kroger’s rewards through purchases made their stores.
- April (?) Heritage night – Have 2 parents to head up committee
- Vote for a name change; tabled till Jan 10th meeting. FACT name very confusing.
- Looking at alternating meeting times to reach more parents / teachers. 3:15 worked nicely but need a different meeting place as speaker announcements constantly interrupted.
- Newsletter to be mailed out; will include a ticket in newsletter for parents to redeem by attending FACT meeting to be placed in a raffle for hoodie passes(?), Spirit Bear(?), Gift Baskets(?)
Meeting adjourned at 4:10 PM.
Next meeting is January 10th at 5:30 PM.