MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
November 1, 201
Sherri McCleery – Leader – 734-789-1563 email@example.com
Andrea Pigott – Treasurer – 734-676-7859 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonya Mitkowski – Secretary/Connections – 832-567-0048 –email@example.com
Carol Goike-McCain – Fundraising – 734-754-3152 – firstname.lastname@example.org
A HUGE thank you to all of our parents/students/staff members that attended –
Tiffany Shumard, Angela M. Cobb, Bruce Green, Tina Green, Sherri McCleery, Andrea Pigott, Shari Moldovan, Carol McCain,Gabrielle Mitkowski, Sonya Mitkowski, Laura Sirianni, Elisabeth Puffhausen, Christina Grachek, Joshua Bahry, Stephanie May, Tiffany Shumard, Kim English, & Alicia Jenkins, MS Admin.;
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
FACT Meetings:Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at alternating times 3:30 / 5:30pm in the MIDDLE SCHOOL. Please check the website for monthly announcement.
· The Board has appointed Sonya Mitkowski as Secretary/Connections Chair and Shari Moldovan as Rewards Program Coordinator.
· Elections will be held in April for anyone interested in running for any of the Board positions
· Thanksgiving food drive continues in all buildings till Nov 4
Treasurers Report: Andrea Pigott
Secretary/Connections Report: Sonya Mitkowski
- Financial Report: No report, still in transition.
- Requisitions: None submitted.
Fundraiser Report: Carol McCain, Sherri McCleery
- Sent out email to MS/HS teachers; re: birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, etc.
- Will revamp FACT website / Requesting bulletin board for FACT
- How do we get volunteers: Making ourselves more visible
Principal’s Report: Alicia Jenkins
- T-Shirts –Unfortunately the written signatures cannot be used so a roster listing of students names will be used. Hope to have before Thanksgiving. Order forms are available in school offices and FACT website.
- Fall Fundraiser -
- Innisbrook Wraps
- ü Sale extended to Nov 9th.
- ü Not a lot of coupons being turned in. 34/1100 sales L
- ü We’ll do carpool line advertising, and include information in our emails, newsletters and all-calls and we’ll add Innisbrook link to our website.
- ü We need to establish date and time for top 10 winners to have a chance in the money booth.
- ü We need to establish date and time for the wrap up activity to take place should we reach our fundraising goal.
- Yoga Pants/ Basketball Shorts – Still being worked on as these tend to be a bit more pricey.
- 1/2 Day Fun Field Trips – Trip to PUMP IT UP at the Canton / Taylor locations. Students will be split- HS to one location, MS to the other. All call for volunteers. Permission slips are available in Middle School and High School offices and on the FACT website. Next trip will be February 17th for Cosmic Bowling.
- Florida Citrus Fundraiser- Kick-off begins Nov 18th. Online & paper order form. Sale ends Dec 2nd.
- Students not permitted off campus: Students should not be leaving the school property; please remind your student to remain on school grounds; we are always working on ways to improve safety at the school.
- Construction: Construction is going well; More progress has been made
Rewards Programs: Shari Moldovan
- FACT Representatives: Teachers are just spreading the word on finding student and parent representatives to be at FACT meetings and represent each grade.
Announcements: Sherri McCleery
- Box Tops for Education and Campbell’s Labels: Will be setting up boxes in Middle School and High School lobbies to start collecting these. Shari Moldovan will be chairing the committee for Box Tops, Campbell’s Labels and Kroger’s Rewards.
- Kroger’s Rewards: Will get Summit Academy MS/HS set up to begin receiving Kroger’s rewards through purchases made their stores.
- The concession will be open in the PEAK after school until 5:30 daily
- Non bus students are allowed until 3:25pm / Bus students till bus arrives
- Looking at alternating meeting times to reach more parents / teachers
Meeting adjourned at 6:20 PM.
Next meeting is December 6, 2011 at 3:15 PM.