Mrs Adamkiewicz Classes
Summit Academy Middle School
Say Yes to Michigan
Welcome to Mrs. Adamkiewicz class. It is a pleasure to be able to work with students to help them better know our past and present. Everyone is important in class and everyone’s perspective counts. In order for us to have a structured, organized class this year, we need to follow some simple procedures.
1. BE ON TIME AND PREARED! Be in your seat and have all your materials, folders, pens or pencils, paper, planners, computers, and lanyards.
2. RESPECT OTHERS! This includes not talking while someone else is, not putting anyone down or taking hold of his or her stuff. We must not be disrespectful to the teacher or guest. The behavior plan and PBIS pyramid will be followed for students who are not respectful.
3. BEING COOPERATIVE! Be part of the class and do not waste your time, or the teacher’s time.
4. PARTICIPATION! By being part of the class you are going to actively work in the class and join with us in our discussions and work. I like to reward your efforts with all of this with Starts of the Week. You will get your name on a star in the hallway and a Free Homework Pass. Homework Passes allow you to get full points on one homework assignment. They are not good for essays, projects, or test/quizzes/DAs.
5. Late Work and Homework! I do NOT except Late work. It is your responsibility to do your work. Absent work: you are given the time needed to do the work. It is again your responsibility to come and get it from me! There will be homework, from time to time; you will have time to start in class.
Make sure you are familiar with the handbook and all of its policies, it will be followed!!
What you need
Pen or pencil,
Notebook or paper,
If anything other supplies are needed you will be given noticed throughout the year.
I have read the syllabus and expectations. I understand them and will support them.
Due by Friday September 9th during the first 5 minutes of class.
This semester long class takes up many different areas of Michigan. This is a Project based class. Topics discussed this semester will be:
Michigan in the beginning
Michigan’s government system
Current events of Michigan
The Auto industry and economy
Travel and Tourism
Legends and Folktales
Music and Detroit
Economy and Michigan Made Products
Environment and geography of Michigan
Students will be working on projects with partners and groups. Students need to be active in class and use class time for projects. There will be time to work on projects in class. This will be a part of the grade for the class.
Copyright © 2007 NexusBuilder