MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
September 13, 2011
ATTENDANCE: Position open - Leader
Position open - Treasurer -
Sherri McCleery - Secretary & Connections Chairperson - 734-789-1563 firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Goike-McCain - Fundraising - email@example.com
Special thanks to all of our parents/students that attended - Tina & Bruce Green, Lori Nagy, Kim Grimm, Sherri McCleery, Dorothy Pelvas, Beth Richardson, Roxanne Pinheiro, Cassandra Maxwell, Desiree (Minor) Heck, Chrisena Orr, Susan Gauthier, Angie Myers, Sally Mancini Raydell Kwiatkowski, Sandy Standafer, Yvette Bryant Tiffany Shumard, Nichole German and Carol McCain.
And of course a huge thank you to all of the staff members and teachers who also attended - Erin Avery, HS Admin.; Alicia Jenkins, MS Admin.;
Amie Adamkiewicz, MS Teacher; Josh Bahny, MS Teacher, Racheal Davis, MS Teacher.
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
Meetings will be held first Tuesday of the month at 5:30pm in the MIDDLE SCHOOL.
- Title I: Ms. Avery shared how Title I helps our school by allowing us to help our students and families who may need some assistance.
- Box Tops for Education: Box tops offers cash for collecting them through 8th grade only. Ms. Jenkins will look into a group in the Middle School who may be interested in taking over this means of fundraising; otherwise FACT will set this up and keep it for the Middle School.
- Campbell's Labels for Education: It was suggested that we look into this as fundraiser for our school. It was mentioned that E-rewards can be set up so you don't have to collect the labels.
- Kroger Rewards for Schools: We will check into this too.
- WOW Open House: Will be September 29th from 5:30 - 7:30 PM for Middle School and High School.
- PBIS: Is looking for volunteers to work in their store before school from 7:30 - 8 AM, after school from 3 - 3:30 PM, and during A & B lunches from 11:10 AM - 12:03 PM. Please contact the Middle School office or FACT if you are available to volunteer during any of these times.
Treasurers Report: Position Open
- Financial Report: No report, position still open.
- Requisitions: None submitted.
Connections: Sympathy in High School - Lori Yannick, Margie Holdren, and Terri Saint Clair.
- School Calendars: Are available now for $7. The calendar runs through the school year, September 2011 - August 2012. They will be sold at Open House and home football games.
- Fall Fundraiser: Innisbrook Wraps will kick-off at Spirit Assemblies October 6th & 7th. We are raising money for guest speakers, 8th Grade and 12th Grade graduations, Project Term, college visits and other field trips.
- ü Kick-off will be at Spirit Assemblies October 6th & 7th. We will offer coupons for students to vote on a Wrap Up Activity for selling 3 items and they can fill in the name of teacher or administrator they would like to see do this activity. This will only happen if we reach our fundraising goal of $12,000. A poster will be hung in each cafeteria for students to place their votes.
- ü Earning additional rewards for selling will also be available: sell 6 items - earn 5 dragon dollars, sell 12 items - earn a jeans day, sell 25 items - earn a family pizza.
- ü 6th hour teachers in the Middle School and 5th hour teachers in the High School are responsible for distribution and collecting orders, these will be the teachers who will receive participation rewards and whose names will be entered into drawing for Gift Basket. I'll hang goal posters in their classrooms so they can keep track of their student's participation.
- ü We'll do carpool line advertising, and include information in our emails, newsletters and all-calls.
- ü I'll hang posters in each school and goal thermometers in each cafeteria. And we'll add Innisbrook link to our website.
- ü WOW Night Open House the FACT table will display comparison shirt boxes, we'll early registration and sending link out to out-of-town family and friends, and we'll have baked samples from the catalog.
- T-Shirts - Carol McCain is working on designs with Middle School and High School. Middle School students will be voting on a design, High School design has been decided. We will get students signatures and hopefully have shirts by first of October. Order forms are available in school offices and FACT website.
- Pajama Bottoms - I will get a price for 250 pairs. Spoke with Victoria Jackson, she agreed there is no conflict with Athletic Boosters and FACT both selling pajama bottoms. I will look into a different color and different logo that what they are offering.
- Half Day Fun Day Field Trips - Our first outing is scheduled for September 23rd to a corn maze/hayride in Rockwood. Cost is $15, includes the maze, hayride and a bottle of water. Families are welcome. Permission slips are available in Middle School and High School offices and on the FACT website.
- Meetings: Will continue to be monthly on the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm.
- President & Treasurer positions open: Our FACT Team is in need of a President and a Treasurer. We would like to recruit a parent and student from each grade (6th-12th) to serve as representatives for FACT. Recommendations will come from teachers, students that become representatives will receive community service hours for their time, and parents will receive jeans passes for attending meetings to give to their students.
Meeting adjourned at 6:05 PM.
Next meeting is October 4th, at 5:30 PM.