MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
August 23, 2011
Position open - Leader
Position open - Treasurer -
Sherri McCleery - Secretary & Connections Chairperson - 734-789-1563 firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Goike-McCain - Fundraising - email@example.com
Special thanks to all of our parents/students that attended - Carol McCain, Sherri McCleery.
And of course a huge thank you to all of the staff members and teachers who also attended - Alex Chapman, HS Admin.; Kim White, MS Admin., Alicia Jenkins, MS Admin.
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
Meetings will be held first Tuesday of the month at 5:30pm in the MIDDLE SCHOOL.
- Boxtops: Check to see if they offer anything for MS/HS students, if not, then we will see if North Elementary collects them and donate ours.
- ALL fliers: Anything offered through FACT, permission slips, fundraisers, order forms will state that they are presented/offered/funded by FACT to make parents and students more aware of what FACT does for their school.
- FACT Table at Orientation: We will have FACT Newletter stating that school calendars will be available for purchase through the school year, sign-up sheets for help with fundraisers and outings done by FACT, order forms for t-shirts, interest survey for pajama/lounge pants, recruiting for FACT especially president and treasurer positions.
- School Supplies List: Innisbrook will put together our list of supplies and offer it as a bundle. Opportunity for school to earn money and make it easier on parents to get supplies for their students.
Treasurers Report: Position Open
- Financial Report:
- § No report, position still open.
Connections: New teachers in High School - Lori Yannick, Elisabeth Paffhausen, Anna Pulcer, & Stephanie May; new teachers in Middle School - Jennifer Dawson, Amy Hodges, & Jason Lauterbach. Babies over summer months - Brian Charlefour & Bill Bellers. Sympathy for Erin Avery.
- School Calendars: These will be available and sold at High School Orientation, August 31st; 9th Grade Orientation & Laptop Rollout; Middle School Laptop Rollout, September 1st; WOW Night Open House; and available through the school year.
- Fall Fundraiser: Innisbrook Wraps will kick-off at Spirit Assemblies October 6th & 7th. We are raising money for guest speakers, 8th Grade and 12th Grade graduations, Project Term, college visits and other field trips.
- ü Kick-off will be at Spirit Assemblies October 6th & 7th. We will offer coupons for students to vote on a Wrap Up Activity for selling 3 items and they can fill in the name of teacher or administrator they would like to see do this activity. This will only happen if we reach our fundraising goal of $12,000. A poster will be hung in each cafeteria for students to place their votes.
- ü Earning additional rewards for selling will also be available: sell 6 items - earn 5 dragon dollars, sell 12 items - earn a jeans day, sell 25 items - earn a family pizza.
- ü 6th hour teachers are responsible for distribution and collecting orders, these will be the teachers who will receive participation rewards and whose names will be entered into drawing for Gift Basket. Find out if Innisbrook will offer a basket for each school, MS & HS.
- ü Need more information on the Instant Rewards, also need to get permission from teachers for homework passes.
- ü We'll see what information is on the DVD as we only have audio available for our morning announcements. We'll do carpool line advertising, and include information in our emails, newsletters and all-calls. I'll hang posters in each school and goal thermometers in each cafeteria. And we'll add Innisbrook link to our website.
- ü WOW Night Open House the FACT table will display comparison shirt boxes, we'll info and talk about registering early and sending link out to out-of-town family and friends, and we'll have baked samples from the catalog.
- § T-Shirts - Alex Chapman will work with students (Ignition group) on t-shirts at the High School and Carol McCain will work with students (NJHS led by Amy Adamkevich this year) at the Middle School on choosing designs and getting signatures for this year's shirts. We hope to have them available to sell by WOW Night Open House. We (Carol) will have order forms available at orientations on August 31st and September 1st.
- § Pajama Bottoms - We are still interested in this idea, administration believes the students would buy. Get prices for 250 pairs and look into putting together a package with t-shirts. Get info from Leann or Jessica on who they get their shirts from. Put out interest survey at orientations for pajama bottoms ($20)/for pajama, t-shirt combo ($30).
- § Fresh Florida Citrus - Kick-off will be November 18th, orders will be due December 2nd, product will be delivered somewhere between December 15-18.
- § Tape the Principal to the Wall - Possible fundraiser in winter and will be held in conjunction with the Coming Home Assemblies.
February 9th for Middle School
February 10th for High School
- § Spring Fundraiser - Frankenmuth kick-off will be March 8th, orders due March 23rd.
- § Half Day Fun Day Field Trips - Outings to various places like putt-putt golf, bowling, etc. on our scheduled ½ days of school. Dates planned are September 23, October 14, November 4, February 17, March 9, March 30 and May 4. School administrators will make permission slips for these activities. Find out from Mr. Griffin how early the buses will be available for departure and how much they'll cost. How many people fit on a single bus?
- Meetings: Will continue to be monthly on the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm.
- President & Treasurer positions open: Our FACT Team is in need of a President and a Treasurer. We would like to recruit a parent and student from each grade (6th-12th) to serve as representatives for FACT. Recommendations will come from teachers, students that become representatives will receive community service hours for their time, and parents will receive jeans passes for attending meetings to give to their students.
Meeting adjourned at 4:30 pm.
Next meeting is September 13th, at 5:30pm.