MS/HS FACT MEETING MINUTES
June 8, 2011
ATTENDANCE: Ann Gray - Leader - 734-783-1464 firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open - Treasurer -
Sherri McCleery - Secretary & Connections Chairperson - 734-789-1563 email@example.com
Carol Goike-McCain - Fundraising - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to all of our parents/students that attended -
Carol McCain, Ann Gray, Sherri McCleery.
And of course a huge thank you to all of the staff members and teachers who also attended -
Erin Avery, HS Admin.; Kim White, MS Admin.
All participants were welcomed to the FACT meeting.
Meetings will be held first Tuesday of the month at 5pm in the MIDDLE SCHOOL.
- Meetings: Frequency and time of meetings to be determined over the summer months.
- President position open: Our FACT Team is in need of a President and a Treasurer. We would like to recruit a parent and student from each grade (6th-12th) to serve as representatives for FACT.
- Sign-Up Sheets: Make sign-up sheets for each activity and event we have going on during the school year that we need help with. Name the activity with description of what the project is, date and time we need help.
Treasurers Report: Position Open
- § No report, position still open.
- Market Day: No Market Day orders for June. May's order was cancelled due to low participation and orders not reaching $400.
- Fundraisers for 2011-2012 school year:
- § School Calendars - Featuring all school events including Flat Rock, North, Middle School, High School, MS/HS Band, and MS/HS sports and Boosters. We hope to have calendars ready to sell at:
- 1. High School Orientation, August 31st from 8 am - noon
- 2. 9th Grade Orientation & Laptop Rollout, September 1st from 12:30 - 6 pm
- 3. Showcase, September 22nd from 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Carol McCain will get the calendar from MS/HS Band Department for their events.
- § Fall Fundraiser - Innisbrook Wraps. Kick off will be at the Spirit Assemblies.
October 6th for Middle School
October 7th for High School
- § T-Shirts - We will have t-shirts made in the fall for all grades with logo and signatures.
- § Pajama Bottoms - Sherri McCleery will follow up on this idea for casual pajama days.
- § Fresh Florida Citrus - fundraiser planned for holiday season somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- § Tape the Principal to the Wall - This fundraiser will be held in conjunction with the Coming Home Assemblies.
February 9th for Middle School
February 10th for High School
- § Spring Fundraiser - Frankenmuth
- § Other Fundraisers - half day field trips, on days that students have half days we offer an outing for second half of day with transportation from and back to school using school buses.
- Market Day: Will follow up with North to see if they are interested in combining sales.
- FACT Treasurer Position open: We are still in need of a treasurer. Mrs. Avery did post position in the school newsletter and we can advertise at table at conferences.
Meeting adjourned at 4:00 pm.
Next meeting tentatively is September 13th, at 5:00pm.