7th Grade Science
Summit Academy Middle School
Rules and Expectations
To: Parents/Guardians of Boys Middle School Basketball players.
From: Coach Munro
We are looking forward to a fun and productive basketball season at Summit Academy Middle School. The game schedule is accessed from the Summit home page. Go to the Athletics tab and then Boys Basketball. All games subject to change.
Here are our team rules and expectations:
1. Practices. Practices will generally be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. No Thursday practice. They run from 3:15 to 5:00, except on game days or when noted.
2. Equipment. For practice, have a clean t-shirt, shorts, and basketball shoes. If possible, have a pair of sandals or shoes to wear away from the gym so their shoes do not get dirty and slippery.
3. Game Uniform. Please have a clean uniform. Take pride in your appearance and uniform! Please do not dry on high, it will shrink.
4. Game day dress. Dress shirt, pants, shoes and tie, all worn correctly, are mandatory. No exceptions. This will affect playing time.
5. Be on time. Be on time for practices and games. We need every minute of gym time.
6. Absences. I must have an E-mail (best), or verbal notification before practice for an absence or it is unexcused. I will try and be understanding, but we have a short season. Scheduling conflicts and missed practices really hurt your athlete’s chances of knowing all our plays and getting quality instruction time. Playing time may be lost. If you have any questions, the school number is (734) 955-1712. E-mail: email@example.com.
7. Effort. Hustle and give your best. Effort is always rewarded.
8. Enthusiasm. Players and fans should bring a positive attitude to practices and the games.
9. Respect. Being on the team is a privilege. Show respect to your opponents, the referees, coaches and your teammates.
P Probationary Period. There will be at least a one week probationary period when practices first start. If the athletes attitude, team play, or effort is lacking, he may be asked to leave the team.
10. Team player. The team comes first, before any one player. Do your best to make your teammates better.
11. Playing time. Playing time is not automatic. You earn your playing time. I will get every player who shows a positive attitude and gives good effort into the game.
12. Successful season. I will judge this a successful season if we improve as a team, show improvement on individual skills, and have fun. With hard work, the wins should follow.
13. Away games. Every player must ride the bus to away games. For the trip home, a guardian may pick them up. This MUST be reported to the coach before they leave the gym.
If you have any questions, the school number is (734) 955-1712.
My E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be available after every practice as well.
In addition, here is a checklist of all the things needed before the first game to participate this year. If you have already played a sport, some may be on file.
1. 1. Updated physical on file before tryouts.
2. 2. Medical Treatment Release Form, handed out by the coach.
3. 3. Payment of athletic participation fee of $80.00. $40 if it your second sports season of the school year.
4. 4. Read the Athletic Handbook 2009/10, found under the Athletics tab of the Summit Home page. Download the last page only, sign the last page and turn in to coach.
Note: There will be a mandatory parent meeting shortly after tryouts, TBA.
Copyright © 2007 NexusBuilder